Sunday, February 6, 2011

#8 (am I really only on 8?), 24 Diner

I write from a hotel room in a fabulous local resort...Husburger and I are taking a stay-cation!  As I was telling a friend recently, I used to hate that word.  Remember when the economy tanked and the news was talking about how we all were taking staycations instead of going away over the summer?  But really, I'm on one, and it's fantastic.  The best part is that my parents are in town and taking care of little Slider (who I do miss!) to give us some adult alone time.  Their first night in town, we stayed in and ordered from 24 Diner.  Pamburger has eaten the veggie burger there before.  She is like me and once she finds something good, she can eat it over and over and over.

Grade: A-/B+

What I liked:  I love eating the 24 Diner veggie burger primarily because of its unique flavor.  This isn't a pickles, tomato, and lettuce show.  Nope, this veggie burger comes replete with goat cheese, roasted tomato (ick), and arugula.  Fancy shmancy.  I think those are shredded beets that give the burger that nice magenta color and lentils that let the flavoring take hold so completely.  Brussel sprouts as an option for a side, or


What Missed: The food at 24 Diner is delish but it's super rich.  From the mac'n'cheese to chicken and waffles, it is yummy.  The veggie burger is definitely something special and unique to any other burger I've had.  It's just that all of that goat cheese and the roasted tomato (I am not a fan) make it a little too rich for me.

What the (Grand)Parents Liked: Pamburger and Husburger liked their veggie burgers.  I think Husburger thought it was a little too much bread...we went sans bun, so I can't comment.  But it is a lot of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment