Sunday, February 27, 2011

#9, BGR (in DC)

To my few but loyal followers, please accept my delay in reviews!  It has been a crazy few weeks for work and my husburger has been out of town so much that I have been pretty focused on work+slider+fun for myself when I can.  Speaking of, I spent a few lovely days in DC for work...well, technically work. I was there for the Teach for America 20th Anniversary Summit.  (tfa20years.com)  It was inspiring, and would have by itself been an amazing weekend, but there was icing on my cake.  Since the summit took place in DC, I was able to stay with Natburger and Mikey (no nickname, he is just Mikey) at their place, and BeeBurger, who came to visit from Philly.  Friday night, we went to this amazing new spot (well, new since I moved away) called ZenTan.  That slaw was off the charts delish.  I still crave it.  Saturday night, however, was a different story!  We went out with my cousin L, who has a great blog (www.lucyactually.com) and my BFF since childhood, K.  Natburger and L went to Estadio to reserve us a table (it's a total scene), and when I arrived an hour later...we still had an hour left to wait!  Ridic.  Natburger is usually VIP'd, and this was the opposite of that...check out her review on yelp for a laugh.

While in DC, we visited Bgr, after trying to go to Commissary but seeing an hour long wait (as per usual) was out of the question.  It was me, Mikey, Natburger, and Beeburger.  We had 3 veggie burgers and one non (Mikey, obvi).  And the result was really good!  The place is pretty low key and unassuming, tucked right across the street from the Starbucks in Dupont Circle.

Grade: A

What I liked: This burger had everything.  Yum.  It was totally BBQy in taste, with all of the goodness baked into it. It was so tasty that you probably didn't even need that mojo sauce, but I did, and it was awesome!  This burger had really amazing flavoring and it was so hearty.  Natburger even said it was one of the best she's ever had.  It didn't try to imitate beef burgers, it just stood on its own and I wish I could go get one this weekend. We also went with a family favorite, extra extra pickles.  And tested out all of the fries.  Yummm, the fries.  


What missed: Nothing, really.  I guess that if I had to say something, it might be that this burger was a tad bit heavy on the rice.  It had noticeable texture like that, and I prefer a bit more mushroom/soy, but this still stuck together well.


What the fam liked: Fries, absolutely.  And both sisters were really satisfied with the burger.  Beeburger still claims that the best veggie burger ever is in SF, so I'll have to go there.  Overall, this burger is in the running for favorite overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment