Saturday, February 5, 2011

#7, P. Terry's

This past week little Slider got sick..again.  We don't really know if he was sick or it's just his teeth, but either way, you know what it means: mucho late night wake-ups, crazy days trying to work and care for him, and absolutely no normal meals.  Which brings me to P. Terry's.  Even though his appetite was almost nonexistent, Slider still loves him some french fries.  Who wouldn't?  So my loving Husburger gave me a break, and the boys went out for some burgers and fries and brought me one home.  This isn't my first time eating a P.Terry's burger, but it is since I started the blog.  In fact, when we first came to Austin, I used to ask people where they liked the veggie burgers and almost without fail, they'd recommend P. Terry's.  Actually, our first interaction with P. Terry's came back when we lived in the 'Burgh.  One of our neighbors in Regent Square was a Texan and former Austinite and told us about his friend being a big success story and opening a fabulous local burger chain called P. Terry's.  Who knew we'd be .5 miles from one and that it would be good, relatively healthy (as burger joints go), and have a drive through....essential for when we used to have to drive Slider around to get him to sleep!

Grade: A-

What I liked: This is such a go-to veggie burger.  The first time I ever tried it, I thought, "why does everyone love this so much?"  It seemed good, but not great.  The thing is, I now crave that burger on a regular basis.  And no, I don't always get the fries, so that's not the reason...although they are good.  I think it's the consistency, the way it kind of mushes up with the cheese and shredded lettuce and special sauce.  With extra pickles and a wheat bun, you can't lose.  It's not super fancy but it does do the trick and I don't really get bored of it.

What Missed: I actually don't think much misses with this burger truly except that, as veggie burgers go, it's a tad bit without a distinct flavor.  That's probably why I don't get tired of it.

What Slider Liked: The fries, as per usual!  I tried sneaking in pieces of my veggie burger but it didn't go over well.  Rejected....but he was sick, I'll try again next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment